You are here: Home Eucor - The European … Non-Academic Staff

Non-Academic Staff

Within Eucor – The European Campus, you have many opportunities to develop and strengthen intercultural skills. You can participate in professional development courses, seminars, or language courses at the partner universities. The University of Freiburg encourages its employees to use these options and offers several ways to support your cross-border mobility:

Travel costs for a professional development course, seminar, or language course can be covered if a business trip (Dienstreise) has been filed. You can find the details in the business travel information sheet [in German].

It is also possible to receive financial contribution to travel expenses for a group of participants in events that involve several of the Eucor – The European Campus member universities. Find all relevant details in the information sheet on mobility grants for events [in German]. You can also download the application form here.

Please note that stays between a minimum of 2 days and a maximum of 2 weeks intended for professional development/continuing education can be supported with Erasmus+ funds. Your contact is Ms. Felicitas Höfflin-Trefzer, International Office: .

What events and formats exist?
Cross-border events at any of the Eucor – The European Campus member universities are announced in the Eucor Calendar.

Non-academic staff have the opportunity to spend a few days in a corresponding office at another member university, and learn more about how the office functions elsewhere. This job shadowing is supported by (UHA) as part of the "Vis-ma-vie" program. NovaTris also regularly offers seminars on intercultural skills and cross-border communication.

At the University of Freiburg, you can take language classes (including French) at the Language Teaching Centre, and professional development/continuing education classes offered by the IWB with a focus on the German-French-Swiss region and its higher education system. The Centre Culturel Français Freiburg [information in German] also offers French courses in various formats, including intensive week-long courses and even customized discussion courses.

Note: If you have already participated in several exchange formats within the last three years, you may be eligible to receive the University of Freiburg's certificate for intercultural competence. You can find more information on the requirements for this certificate here [in German]

You are already involved in a cross-border project with partners from one or more of the European Campus member universities? Then you can apply for the Eucor Label for more visibility, particularly on Eucor – The European Campus communication channels.