You are here: Home Eucor - The European … Researchers and Teaching Staff

Researchers and Teaching Staff

The University of Freiburg not only offers support for initiating and implementing research cooperations or joint teaching projects, but also supports individual cross-border activities within the Eucor – The European Campus network.

Joint Events
Travel costs can be covered for events during the establishment phase of a cooperation project, or for the participation in advanced training. You can find the details in the business travel information sheet [in German].

It is also possible to receive financial contribution to travel expenses for a group of participants in events that involve several of the Eucor – The European Campus member universities. Find all relevant details in the information sheet on mobility grants for events [in German]. You can also download the application form here.


Seed Money
Each year, funds are allocated to support transnational research and teaching cooperations in their early stages. Since 2017, researchers at the member universities can submit joint projects during the summer and apply for up to 60,000 euros in support. More information is available on the Eucor – The European Campus website.

Eucor Label
You are already involved in a cross-border project with partners from one or more of the European Campus member universities? Then you can apply for the Eucor Label for more visibility, particularly on Eucor – The European Campus communication channels.

Teaching Staff Mobility and Joint Seminars
Eucor – The European Campus offers easy ways to internationalize teaching. Joint seminars within your academic program that involve partners at another member university and a mutually developed concept make it possible to integrate intercultural (and often interdisciplinary) experiences into a program. You can also teach at the partner university.

Costs associated with your teaching mobility can be refunded if a business trip has been filed. You can find the details in the business travel information sheet [in German].

Language Courses
You want to refresh or advance your French language skills before you cross the border? It may be worthwhile to have a look at the Language Teaching Centre’s courses [information in German]. University of Freiburg employees can also take IWB classes for continuing education. The Centre Culturel Français Freiburg [information in German] also offers French courses in various formats, including intensive week-long courses and even customized discussion courses.